Garrison Area Improvement Association
The mission of the Garrison Area Improvement Association is to create an environment that will aid the retention and expansion of existing businesses within the community and encourage the development and success of all area business. GAIA is a non-profit economic development corporation dedicated to the progressive growth of Garrison and the surrounding area while maintaining an excellent quality of life.
One of our primary functions is to provide business assistance to startups, expansions, and re-locations to the Garrison Area. GAIA provides Garrison area businesses with:
- Business Startup Program
- Business Improvement Grant
- Business Tourism Grant
- Building Demolition
- Bank of North Dakota Flex PACE Program
- Community Betterment Grant Program for Building Demolition
- Community Challenge Grant
- Community Event Creation & Enhancement Grant
- Community Group Grant
- Daycare Provider Grant
- Employee Recruitment & Retention Assistance
- Entrepreneurial Grant
- Fishing & Hunting Guide Incentive Program
- Fishing & Hunting Guide Marketing Grant
- Internship Grant Program
- Local Community Development Project Incentive
- Mandatory Tree Removal directed by the City of Garrison
- Rent Incentive Program
- Grant Application
And assistance with:
- Business plans
- Grant writing
- Procuring low interest financing for businesses
GAIA also performs a wide variety of other services to support and benefit our existing businesses and community.
Garrison is a progressive community providing a full range of retail businesses and service industries as well as excellent medical facilities. Recreational opportunities in the area are outstanding and Lake Sakakawea is located approximately 4 miles south of Garrison. Garrison hosts a wide variety of activities throughout the year to provide special attractions and entertainment for residents and visitors, to include the ever popular Dickens Village Festival.
Garrison is a great place to live, work, and play. If you are looking for a community that is progressive yet maintains small town values, we believe Garrison is what you are looking for. Please feel free to contact us for assistance with not only your business needs, but also if you are seeking a new place to live or retire.
Contact Deb at 463-2631 for more information regarding grants and programs that GAIA offers.